Rick joined Alterra in 2020. Rick spent the last eight of his 32-year real estate career as President and Managing Partner of his own Dublin, Ohio-based commercial brokerage company known as Smith Realty Partners, LLC. Now through the Alterra platform, his desire is to expand his reach while continuing to provide clients the most advanced professional level of commercial real estate services. With more than 30 years of industry experience, Rick has leased, sold or acquired more than 5 million square feet of office, retail, industrial and warehouse space. He has executed real estate investment transactions totaling more than $950 million, which includes land acquisitions and development.
A graduate of The Ohio State University, Rick served as Captain of the OSU men’s basketball team in 1979, and was awarded the John Havlicek Most Inspirational Player Award that same year. He served as Graduate Assistant Coach for the 1980 season and remains involved as Past President of the OSU Athletic Alumni Association (Varsity “0”) and a past board member.
Additionally, Rick can be found serving as a basketball color analyst on 10 TV’s Wall-to-Wall Sports and QFM 96.3 Torg & Elliott Morning Show. Rick resides in Dublin and has three daughters, Kayleigh, Anessa and Cassady.
- Represented Huntington Bank for over 30 years as their sole broker handling all new deals and renewals in 400,000+ SF at 17 South High Street, 21 West BroadStreet, and 37 West Broad Street – maintaining an average occupancy of over 85% for the entire 30+ years.
- Compiled 330 acres of land for retail development in Mason, Ohio.$23,000,000 purchase.
- Land acquisition transactions and office leases for Glimcher Realty and Huntington Bank.
- Represented the Fraternal Order of Police in disposition on two property sales and the acquisition of a new headquarters and lodge hall.
- Acquired four Columbus/Dublin office buildings approximately 440,000 SF for Allegiance Group. $44,000,000 purchase.
- Site selection and negotiations for Dallas-based Dickey’s BBQ for Ohio franchisees.
- Site selection, development and acquisition of 27 Goddard Schools in Ohio and Colorado.
- Represented 40 different law firms in Central Ohio including, Lane Alton Horst, Hahn Loeser & Parks, Zaino LPA, and Cooper & Elliott